A normal Vagina has a natural odor that may be Musky or fleshy which is never offensive. But if this vaginal natural scent changes into somewhat unpleasant odor then it’s very unbearable. Some women may experience this bad odor right after having intercourse. There may be many reasons for this. It may be a sign of some vaginal infection or poor hygiene. First of all you need to diagnose the reason. Some home remedies and preventions are here to get rid of this unpleasant condition.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Vagina has a natural pH level. Change in this pH may cause foul smell. So to control your vaginal pH you need to Pour a cup or two of apple cider vinegar into a warm bath tub and soak vagina for 20 minutes in this Water. Vinegar may naturally reduce infectious bacteria and restores vaginal normal pH.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to remove odor causing bacteria from vagina. Add 6-9 drops of tea tree oil in 1 glass of water and wash vagina with this water daily until the problem goes away. This oil also removes itchiness and allergies.
Baking Soda has ability to neutralize pH level and it also eliminates yeast infections. If your vaginal unpleasant smell is due to some yeast infection, baking soda can be the best remedy. You just need to add 1 cup of baking soda in your bath tub and soak vagina in it for 15 minutes. For best results use this remedy daily.
Drinking one glass of Cranberry juice or some other citrus juices like orange juice, lemon juice may also help in eliminating vaginal odor because these juices are rich in vitamin C and have acidic nature that kill harmful bacteria. Cranberry is considered best at reducing other urinary tract infections.
Yogurt can be helpful whether it’s applied or eaten. Yogurt comes under the list of Probiotics that are useful for the treatment of vaginal infections.
You must eat yogurt daily or the other way of using it is topical. For that you need to insert a tampon in fresh yogurt and insert it into vagina. Do this cure on daily basis until the foul fishy smell eliminates.
Simple Ways to Help Your Vagina Smell Good
- Maintain a healthy diet including probiotics, grains, vegetables, fruits and also keep yourself hydrated. Drink 8-12 glass of water daily. It will keep you overall health well.
- Wash vagina before and after intercourse, Intercourse is one of the way of entering Foreign Substances through condoms or lubricants. You must wash vagina with warm water after having sex.
- Practice good vaginal Hygiene. Never douche because douching may remove healthy bacteria from vagina. And don’t use any harsh soap or scrubs or any other feminine sprays or scents inside vagina.
- Just wash your vagina with plain water or with mild soap
- Avoid using tight trousers or underwear. Use cotton underwear and loose clothing because good vaginal health always needs plenty of oxygen.
- Change pads frequently during your menstrual cycle.
- Change your cloths after workout or exercise.
When to seek medical care
These home remedies usually help reduce unusual vaginal odor in about a week. If using any of the above remedies does not finish foul vaginal smell then it may be sign of some severe vaginal infection and you need to visit your doctor before the problem grows worse.