Vitamins are essential nutrients that we need for proper development and growth of life. Some vitamins are synthesized by our bodies and some has to be obtained through diet. Each vitamin has its own job and role in proper functioning of body.
Sometime we can’t get enough vitamins from our diet. Like people who eat vegetarian diet need to take vitamin B12 supplements.
It’s a trend now a day that we start taking vitamin supplements without doctor’s prescription or consulting a pharmacist, thinking that vitamins are natural so they don’t cause any side effects. And the thinking is totally wrong. Because excess of everything is bad and deficiency of any vitamin may cause serious dangers to your health. So one must have the knowledge of Vitamins.
Here are some tips to get knowledge about vitamins.
How to recognize Vitamin deficiency in your body?
The most important thing is to identify that are you having any vitamin deficiency in your body or not? There is proper lab testing procedures that may guide what vitamin you are lacking. But you can also recognize to some extent by analyzing your body changes.
So note these changes
- Dry and flaky skin
- Dark spots on skin
- Spots on nails
- Blood deficiency
- Hair loss
- Whitening of hairs
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of Concentration
- All time fatigue
- Depression without a reason
If you are having any of these signs, you need to consult your doctor first. So that after getting accurate testing of your deficiency, a doctor can prescribe you that vitamin supplement.
Who should take a multivitamin Pill?
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should take a vitamin supplement
- Women who want to get pregnant should take folic acid supplements
- Malnourished people who have chronic illness and can’t digest enough food should take some multivitamins to overcome daily body needs.
- During intense physical training for sports
Overabundance of vitamins
- Too much intake of vitamin A causes loss of appetite
- Overabundance of vitamin C causes Diarrhea and kidney malfunctioning
- Overload of Vitamin D can cause Weight loss
- Getting too much Vitamin E can create high blood pressure
- B-Complex vitamins can cause skin rashes, numbness in hands and feet.
- Too much selenium could lead to hair loss
- Many people take mega doses supplements which can cause too much vitamins to store in body. You just need to take a good diet full of vitamins and minerals and get free of all such pills.
“I don’t recommend other supplements,” Appel says. “If you follow a healthy diet, you can get all of the vitamins and minerals you need from food.”